- “Books” includes the complete text of Principles: Life and Work, as well as Ray’s writings on economics and markets. Included in “Books” are interactive videos, case studies and historical documents and photos which bring Ray’s story and principles to life as well as features that will allow you to search the full text and highlight and save your favorite principles for future reference.
- Principles in Action is organized into two interactive books:
- Principles: Life & Work: Ray explains his overarching approach to life and the principles that inform everything that he does, as well as, the unusual way he started and ran Bridgewater, and how this unique approach to management led to its unique results.
- Economic and Investment Principles: Ray Dalio shares some of his writings on economics and markets.
- [To start with, you can access a free PDF version of Dalio’s “Principles for Navigating Big Debt Crises” and his write-up, as well as the animated video, on “How the Economic Machine Works.”]
- Case Studies allow you to experience real-life situations from inside Bridgewater Associates, putting you you on the field, so you can see the principles in action. Answer questions as you work through the case studies, and provide your perspective on what’s going on and ultimately, reflect on and understand how these principles apply in practice. Throughout this experience you’ll learn more about what it means to make decisions in a principled way and how to begin creating and applying your own principles in your work and life.
- Coach is a tool that enables you to find the appropriate principles to help you through the situations that you’re in. It’s much better than the directory in Ray’s Principles book to get you to the right principles for your situation. It’s populated with several hundred common life and work situations and the specific principles Ray would use to deal with those well for you to reflect on. And Ray plans to use your feedback to add more situations and principles over time. We ultimately aspire to make Coach a vehicle for finding the best principles for dealing with whatever situations you face.
Principles - Ray's Principles & My Principles
- This feature allows you to access all of Ray's Principles, save your favorite principles for future reference, as well as create your own. Over time you can build a library of your own and Ray’s principles to refer to and apply in your day to day work and life!